Wade Strategy is an independent consultancy specializing in strategy, market insight, and execution management
Wade Strategy, LLC
Kate Wade is an accomplished thought leader in strategy and market analysis with over 20 years of experience across various industries, including financial services, consumer packaged goods, retail, manufacturing, and health care. She has successfully coordinated between
different areas within client organizations to effect change. She formed her independent consultancy, Wade Strategy, LLC, in 2017, through which she has successfully executed projects for clients ranging from start-ups to top 5 Property and Casualty insurance firms, to global Fortune 200 Food and Beverage companies, to one of the largest retailers in the world.
Prior to founding Wade Strategy, Kate held senior management roles at Allstate and Arthur J.
Gallagher, where she led teams to identify opportunities, develop, and implement strategies to
unlock significant revenue and cost savings improvement projects. At Allstate, she also led
research initiatives to analyze markets, evaluate acquisitions and identify best practices to
streamline operations. Before joining Allstate, Kate was a strategy consultant at The Boston
Consulting Group (BCG) and The Cambridge Group. At BCG, she succeeded in market analysis,
change management, and supply chain restructuring projects. She then moved to The
Cambridge Group, managing teams specializing in industry analysis and market segmentation.
Kate received an MBA with honors from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business in
Strategy, Marketing Management, and Operations and a bachelor’s from the University of
Chicago in “Law, Letters, and Society” and American History.
- Identifying and defining strategic initiatives
- New process and product innovation
- Marketing and Sale Strategy
- AI/Machine Learning
- Design thinking
- Industry trend analysis
- Data and analytics modeling
- Competitive positioning
- Developing teams
- Change management and organizational design
- Pilot design
- Board of Directors presentations
- Case studies and benchmarking
- Strategy execution
- Survey development
- Quantitative and qualitative research
Recent Project Work:
- Developed a competitive landscape for a top 5 global retailer that included recommendations on brand position, target consumer, analyzing build/buy/partnership opportunities, and product/price evolution for launching new digital and omnichannel grocery delivery service and positioning within current offerings.
- Developed strategies for one of the top 5 P&C personal line insurance carriers in the US; work included: developing an actionable segmentation strategy, working with the retail banking division to create an enterprise scorecard, estimating market sizes, and creating Board of Director presentations.
- Led a team to develop a demand-based segmentation for a top North American Group Purchasing Organization for independent retailers in consumer electronics, major appliances, and furniture, identifying and sizing target segments. Work included: qualitative interviews, survey design, and fielding, AI/ML data analytics (k-means clustering).
- Designed multiple change management projects/plans for Fortune 200 technology reseller’s 3-year strategic planning transformation initiative, which included setting priorities, building consensus across leadership levels, identifying training gaps, encouraging employee participation, establishing metrics and goals, and training teams.
- Created a benchmark analysis of how leading companies define and accomplish goals and objectives across organizations for a global Fortune 200 food and beverage company; analysis included: qualitative interviews with senior leaders, secondary research, and detailed writing/presenting.
- Designed the marketing and positioning approach for a new investment fund’s pitch book to attract prospective clients – integrating strategy, objectives, financials, and ROI.
- Managed a team that developed actional growth strategies for a global life science company. Initiatives identified and with roadmaps will grow a key division’s revenue by 50-100% within five years; work included designing workshops to build off innovation and gain consensus with key stakeholders, estimating costs and resource requirements, identifying competitive landscape, and designing integrated roadmaps.